Monday, April 18, 2011

18. The Blob


Title:        The Blob
Year:        1988
Genre:      Creature/Monster Movie

Source:     Netflix
Run Time: 95




________________________________________________________________________
Trailer

________________________________________________________________________
Synopsis

In this remake of the 1958 horror classic, a gelatinous mass invades Earth and starts devouring people in the rural California town of Arborville. As it feasts, the blob grows bigger and bigger -- and threatens to spin out of control. Leading the charge to contain the oozing killer is young Brian (Kevin Dillon), who seeks to impress the lovely Meg (Shawnee Smith). Meanwhile, a government crew arrives on the scene, but its intentions are unclear.
________________________________________________________________________
Personal Thoughts

I can't believe all these years, I had never seen the blob through, from beginning to end. I always caught parts, but never the whole thing. The blob ended up being bigger than I expected. Bigger meaning ... I never would have imagined the situation escalating into guys with white suits, and the military. I was expecting more of a low budget, small town, terribly small cast style movie (well I guess some of that was true).
 
I must say, I enjoyed this movie more than I thought I would (hence the reason why it took me so long to actually sit down and watch it). I thought the special effects used for the blob were pretty good ... and had to be considered pretty darn good for its time.

The blob is nothing to play with. He offs him victims in some of the most brutally horrific ways, that you absolute must do all you can to not allow yourself to be caught by it. I mean you better run your tail off! He pulls folks down sink drains for crying out loud!

 
In all, it was fun ... and I definitely like things fun!
________________________________________________________________________
My Ratings



________________________________________________________________________ 
The Blob Extras:

________________________________________________________________________
You may also like:
     
Phantoms ________________________________________________________________________
The Mothman 

No comments:

Post a Comment