Sunday, April 10, 2011

10. Skyline


Title:        Skyline
Year:        2010
Genre:     
Action Horror/Alien Invasion
Source:     Blu-Ray (Personal Library)
Run Time: 94




________________________________________________________________________
Trailer


________________________________________________________________________
Synopsis

It was supposed to be a simple birthday weekend in Southern California. But when sunrise arrives two hours early in the form of a haunting light from an unknown source, a group of friends watch in terror as people across the city are drawn outside and swept into massive alien ships that have blotted out the L.A. skyline. From tankers to drones and hydra-like extraterrestrials, the aliens are inescapable and seemingly indestructible. Now, it will take every survival instinct the group has to elude capture in this riveting, action-packed sci-fi adventure starring Eric Balfour (The Texas Chainsaw Massacre), Donald Faison (“Scrubs”) and Scottie Thompson (Star Trek).”
________________________________________________________________________
Personal Thoughts

I ended up giving Skyline a 3, which represents average according to my grading system. But I could have easily given it a 2.5 which is probably what it really deserves. The trailer had me absolutely stoked, which means that I went into this movie with higher expectations than I probably should have (mistake). I wanted Skyline to be good, I wanted to love it, but the film was a disappointment in my opinion. 

When I got this movie home and watched it again, I wanted to try and pinpoint where I believe the movie starts to go south. As it played, I said to myself, "okay the first 15 minutes are cool ... the first 30 minutes aren't bad ... the first 45 minutes is solid ... but it was right around that point where I believe the movie starts to take a noise dive. 

Having said that, there is something in me that still likes Skyline despite its flaws (and there are many)! There was also something about it that made me like it enough to buy it. (which I can't really explain ... maybe it's the bright blue light that pulled me in ... who knows)
________________________________________________________________________
My Ratings



________________________________________________________________________ 
The Skyline Extras:

________________________________________________________________________
You may also like:
     
Cloverfield ________________________________________________________________________
The Mothman 

No comments:

Post a Comment